Turkey Explorer is an exploratory guided vacation to see the core site in Turkey including an optional balloon ride in Cappadocia. Visit: Istanbul, Ankara, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Marmaris/Antalya.
Saturday Departures (Mar-Oct)
Visit: Istanbul, Ankara, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Marmaris
- Istanbul: Topkapi Palace, the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar
- Ankara: Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
- Cappadocia: Goreme, Avanos, Pasabagi, Red Valley
- Pamukkale: the Cotton Fortress
Day 1 Sat: Istanbul
Arrival and transfer to hotel. A welcome briefing will be held, meet at the lobby.
Day 2 Sun: Istanbul
Enjoy a full day tour including a visit to Topkapi Palace Museum, residence of the Ottoman Sultans between 1453–1852 (excluding Harem). Visit the Hippodrome, which was once the center of life. It is where chariot racing and other public events took place. Tour the Blue Mosque built between 1609 and 1616, famous for its blue ceramic tiles. Your last stop St. Sophia, a church built in the 6th century Byzantine capital. It was converted to a mosque by the Ottomans, and is now a museum and one of the world’s greatest architectural wonders. Join an optional dinner with belly dancing entertainment. B
Day 3 Mon: Istanbul – Ankara
This morning depart on an optional tour of cruise along Bosphorus cruise enjoying the strait that separates Asia and Europe. Its shores are lined with fine neighborhoods, Ottoman palaces, fortresses, old wooden villas, restaurants and cafés. The tour will end on the Asia side. We will drive to the capital city of Ankara for overnight. B D
Day 4 Tue: Ankara – Cappadocia
Morning departure to view Hittite artifacts at the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. Visit the Mausoleum of Ataturk, father of modern Turkey. Drive to Cappadocia, touring a 13th century caravan inn en route. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and join an optional Whirling Dervishes performance. Overnight in Cappadocia. B D
Day 5 Wed: Cappadocia
Early Morning Optional: Hot Air Balloon Tour. Experience of floating through volcanic valleys, fairy chimneys and caves with the sunrise of Cappadocia. After breakfast, visit Goreme, Avanos, Pasabagi, Red Valley, and have a brief regional pottery workshop in a cave. Dinner and overnight in Cappadocia. Visit the underground city of Saratli. B D
Day 6 Thu: Cappadocia – Pamukkale
Drive to Pamukkale. Dinner and overnight in Pamukkale. B D
Day 7 Fri: Pamukkale – Marmaris or Antalya
Today is the day to pay an early morning visit to the unique Cotton Fortress. The white calcium cascades and also pay a visit to one of the first modern spa centers of the ancient world, Hierapolis. Transfer to Marmaris and overnight. B D.
(See the suppl. cost of transferring to Antalya below)
Day 8 Sat: Marmaris – Return
Transfer to pier for ferry to Rhodes.
Supplementary cost for transfer from Pamukkale to Antalya
- 1–2 Pax US$ 325 by A/C car
- 3–10 Pax US$ 490 by A/C minivan
- First Class hotels with private facilities
- Meals are indicated on itineraries by
- B breakfast, L lunch, D dinner
- Licensed guides throughout Turkey
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Luggage handling
- Local taxes and service charges
- Arrival/departure transfers: only on arrival and departures (arrivals to Istanbul Airport).
- Personal expenses
- Optional tours
- Customary tips to guide and drivers
- Istanbul – Renaissance Bosphorus or Le Meridien
- Ankara – Swissotel
- Cappadocia – Crown Plaza Hotel
- Pamukkale – Colossae Hotel
- Marmaris – Elite World Hotel
Price Per Person in USD:
- Book This Tour with Blue Danube Holidays or Contact Us
- Here are all our Turkey Tours
- Visa Requirements for Turkey