Swiss chocolate and cheese tour by rail. A foodies delight!
5 Day Rail Tour with departures between May 1 and Oct 10
If you are passionate about Swiss chocolate and cheese then this is the tour for you! On this innovative and interactive rail tour you will take panoramic trains to some of the most beautiful cities in Switzerland. Here you will learn all about Swiss chocolate and cheese production and most importantly you will have the opportunity to taste high quality Swiss chocolate and cheese.
Day 1 Zurich – Geneva
Transfer from your hotel or Zurich airport to the train station and travel to Geneva. Upon arrival in Geneva, private transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 Geneva – Montreux
After breakfast enjoy a city tour on foot through downtown Geneva. This 2-hour tour will take you to visit the international neighborhoods of Geneva and the main tourist attractions of the city, such as the beautiful fountain of Lake Geneva (Jet d’Eau) and the wonderful Flower Clock. After the tour you will try a cheese fondue in a typical swiss restaurant, accompanied by a glass of wine, water or a carbonated drink. In the afternoon transfer from your hotel to the central station and travel along the impressive Lake Léman to Montreux. Montreux, known worldwide for its Jazz music festival, is located on the shores of Lake Léman.
Day 3 Montreux – Chocolate Train to Gruyére – Montreux
The chocolate train takes you first from Montreux to the cheese factory “La Maison du Gruyère”, where you will learn all about the production of the famous Gruyères cheese. Afterwards you will get visit the medieval city of Gruyères with the opportunity to visit the wellpreserved castle. Then it continues to the legendary “Maison Cailler” in Broc. There you will be introduced to the secrets of chocolate making and take part of a chocolate tasting. Return to Montreux by train.
Day 4 Montreux – Interlaken – Lucerne – Golden Pass Line
After breakfast you will leave behind the Swiss Riviera and ride aboard the Gold Pass Train through the alpine world of the Bernese Oberland. Via Zweisimmen and Interlaken you will reach Lucerne. The trip offers spectacular views of the Swiss landscape with numerous lakes and mountains. With the Rigi and Pilatus mountains and the Alps as a backdrop, Lucerne is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Switzerland.
Day 5 Lucerne – Chocolatier Aeschbach – Zurich
In the morning, visit the “World of Chocolate” in the village of Root with a local guide. The “World of Chocolate” is only 10 minutes away from Lucerne by train. In the course of approx. 1.5 hours you will learn everything about the subject of chocolate and in the end you can prepare your own chocolate bar. Then travel by train to Zurich or Geneva, where your trip ends. The trip can also be started and / or finished at the Geneva airport.
Swiss Chocolate and Cheese Tour Includes:
- Accommodation in the hotel category of choice
- Daily buffet breakfast and city tax
- Train ticket Zurich – Geneva – Montreux – Lucerne – Zurich in 2nd Class
- Ticket and seat reservation on the Chocolate Train
- Entrance to the cheese and chocolate factories
- Transfer upon arrival in Zurich Transfer In and Out to/from Geneva
- Walking City Tour in Geneva with a local guide, 2 hours
- A cheese fondue accompanied by a glass of wine, water or a carbonated drink in a typical swiss restaurant in Gevena.
- A 3 hour visit to the “World of Chocolate” in Aeschbach with local guide, incl. entrance.
- In Lucerne and Montreux the planned hotels are near the train station so there are no transfers included.
- The Chocolate train does not operate every day. Contact us for more information!
2020 Price (Based on minimum of 2 travelers):
|Number of People Traveling||3 Star Hotels||4 Star Hotels|
|1st Class Supplement||135||135|
Book This Tour with Blue Danube Holidays
View our other Swiss rail tours