The Panoramic Tour of Scandinavia is an 11 day guided tour of Denmark and Norway.You will cruise on two fjords, and tour Copenhagen and Oslo.
One Departure Only: July 25, 2020
Visit: Copenhagen, Oslo, Ulvik, Bergen, Flam, Balestrand, Geiranger, Oslo
- Cruise the UNESCO listed Geiranger Fjord and the UNESCO listed Nærøy Fjord
- Copenhagen, capital of Denmark
- Oslo, capital of Norway
- Bergen, gateway to the fjords
- Maximum 40 Guests
Day 1: ARRIVE COPENHAGEN (D)
Arrive to Copenhagen to own arrangement Your tour escort will meet you at 19.45 hrs (before dinner) in the hotel lobby. Dinner and accommodation at the unique Admiral Hotel, located close to the Amalienborg Palace, the old Nyhavn harbour and the pedestrian streets.
Day 2: COPENHAGEN (B)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel and start of 3 hours guided panoramic tour of the city. You will see the Amalienborg Palace, residence of the Danish royal family, Gefion Fountain, Christiansborg Palace (Danish Parliament buildings), the old harbour of Nyhavn, and of course the famous Little Mermaid. Afternoon free for exploring this fairytale city. Your tour escort will provide entrance tickets for the famous Tivoli Gardens.
.Accommodation at Admiral Hotel
Day 3: COPENHAGEN – OSLO (B ,D)
Morning free in Copenhagen. Afternoon transfer by coach from hotel to DFDS Seaways terminal for your overnight cruise by ferry to Oslo, departing at 16.30 hrs. Enjoy your first Scandinavian smörgåsbord
dinner as you cruise gently up the Kattegat. Accommodation in 2-berth outside cabins with shower/WC. We recommend you to bring an overnight bag for this cruise, to avoid having to carry suitcases to and from your cabin.
Day 4: OSLO (B ,D)
A delicious buffet breakfast is being served as you cruise along the enchanting Oslo Fjord. Arrival in Oslo at 09.45 hrs, followed by 3 hours guided tour of the Norwegian capital, incl. the impressive Vigeland
Sculpture Park. Afternoon free in Oslo. We can recommend a visit to the Munch Museum or a stroll along the Karl Johan shopping boulevard. Dinner and accommodation at Clarion Hotel the Hub in superior
room, ideally situated close to the Karl Johans Gate.
Day 5: OSLO – ULVIK (B , L, D)
After breakfast you will visit the world-famous Viking Ships. Departure from Oslo, driving via Hønefoss along the charming Halling Valley to the tourist resort town of Gol. Lunch at local restaurant. After lunch cross
the wild Hardanger Mountain Plateau to Fossli, stopping to view the thundering Vøringsfoss Waterfall with a vertical drop of 180 m. Descend the amazing Måbødal Canyon to the idyllic Hardanger Fjord. Cross the
Hardanger Bridge and route to Ulvik. Dinner and accommodation in fjord view rooms at Brakanes Hotel, ideally located on the banks of the fjord.
Day 6: ULVIK – BERGEN (B, L)
After buffet breakfast, start of scenic tour along the beautiful Hardanger Fjord, famous for its many fruit orchards. Route via the towns of Øystese and Norheimsund, arriving in Bergen around midday. Lunch at local
restaurant. Afternoon 2 hours tour of Bergen, including a visit to the popular Fish and Flower Market, the famous Bryggen Harbour with its gabled pack houses, and the old Hanseatic Quarter. You will also ride on
the funicular to Mt. Fløien, for the best views of the city and fjords way below. Accommodation at Bergen Børs Hotel, centrally located near Bryggen, the Fish market and shopping options.
Day 7: BERGEN – FLÅM – BALESTRAND (B, D)
After breakfast departure from Bergen and drive via Dale to the town of Voss. Board the train in Voss for a ride on the beautiful Bergen Railway to the mountain station of Myrdal. From Myrdal ride on the amazing Flåm Railway, a masterpiece of engineering descending 2.838 feet in less than one hour. The descent to the fjord side village of Flåm offers opportunities for photo shots of exciting waterfalls and mountain scenery. After a short rest in Flåm, start of approx. 2 hours cruise by boat along the narrow Aurlands and Nærøy Fjords, both branches of the Sognefjord, the longest and deepest fjord in the world. Enjoy the spectacular scenery of cascading waterfalls, sheer mountain cliffs, snow-clad peaks, and a variety of wildlife. After disembarking in Gudvangen at the head of the Nærøy Fjord, continue by coach through the amazing Stalheim Canyon and Nærøy Valley, across the Vika Mountains to Vangsnes, for the short ferry crossing to the beautiful resort of Balestrand. Dinner and accommodation in fjord view rooms at Kviknes Hotel, superbly located on the banks of the fjord and surrounded by mountains.
Day 8: BALESTRAND – A DAY IN THE FJORDS (B, D)
Day free in Balestrand, giving you the opportunity to enjoy the outstanding beauty and nature of the fjords. The day starts with a traditional Norwegian buffet breakfast in the hotel’s elegant dining room. You may want to spend the morning relaxing on the hotel terrace, breathing in the fresh mountain air and enjoying the spectacular views. We can also recommend a visit to the local aquarium and art gallery, or you may prefer to rent a bike or rowing boat from the hotel, or a hike to the nearest mountains. A walking tour of the village of Balestrand, with its historic buildings and other noteworthy sites can also be arranged. Dinner and accommodation at Kviknes Hotel
Day 9: BALESTRAND – GEIRANGER (B, L, D)
After buffet breakfast departure from your hotel by ferry from Dragsvik to Hella, followed by a scenic tour along the northern side of the SogneFjord to Sogndal. The tour continues by road to Fjærland, passing under the Jostedal Glacier, the largest in Europe, to the village of Skei at the northern end of beautiful Lake Jølster. Descend to the Nordfjord, making a detour at Olden to visit the world-famous Briksdal Glacier.
The journey up to the glacier will be made in open cars to give you the best views. Lunch will be served in a nearby mountain restaurant. After lunch the tour continues around the Nordfjord via Loen and Stryn, to
the picturesque village of Hellesylt. From here you go on board the ferry for the one hour’s cruise along the spectacular Geiranger Fjord, possibly the most impressive of all the Norwegian fjords. During the cruise you will pass close by some magnificent waterfalls, such as the Bridal Veil and the Seven Sisters. Dinner and accommodation at the excellent Union Hotel, overlooking the Geiranger Fjord
Day 10: GEIRANGER – OSLO (B, L, D)
Buffet breakfast at the hotel before leaving Geiranger. From the top of one of the serpentine roads, you have the opportunity to digest some amazing views of the fjord, before crossing the rugged Grotli Mountains to Lom, well known for its 14th century stave church. The tour continues via Lake Vågå, before descending the magnificent Gudbrands Valley to the popular tourist town of Lillehammer. Stop for lunch in Lillehammer. After lunch the journey continues alongside Lake Mjøsa, Norway’s largest lake, back to Oslo. Dinner and accommodation at Clarion Hotel the Hub in superior room.
Day 11: OSLO DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure at own arrangement.
- English speaking tour manager from day 1 to day 11
- 3 night’s accommodation in standard room including breakfast at modern superbly located hotels in Copenhagen and Bergen
- 2 night’s accommodation in superior room including buffet dinner and breakfast at modern superbly located hotel in Oslo
- 1 night’s accommodation in standard fjord view room including buffet dinner and breakfast in Ulvik
- 2 night’s accommodation in standard fjord view room including buffet dinner and breakfast at first class historical hotel in Balestrand
- 1 night’s accommodation in standard mountain facing room including buffet dinner and breakfast at first class historical hotel in Geiranger
- Luggage assistance at all hotels while with the group
- Overnight cruise Copenhagen – Oslo, incl. accommodation in 2-berth outside cabin (A-class) with shower/WC, buffet dinner and breakfast on board
- 4 x lunch on day 5, 6, 9 and 10
- Entrance to Tivoli Garden in Copenhagen
- Entrance to the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo
- Round Trip ride with the Fløi Funicular in Bergen
- Excursion in open car to the Briksdal Glacier
- Modern deluxe coach with reclining seats and seatbelts
- 2 hours cruise on the Sogn and Nærøy Fjords
- 1 hours cruise on the UNESCO-listed Geiranger Fjord
- Panorama city tours with local English speaking guides:
- Copenhagen 3 hours
- Oslo 3 hours
- Bergen 2 hours
- Use of minibar
- Tips for driver (recommended approx. 1,5-2 EUR/day)
- Tips for tour manager (recommended approx. 4-6 EUR/day)
- Arrival and departure transfers
Price Per Person in Euro:
- Staying in a Double Room – €3400
- Single supplement €815
First class and historic hotels:
• Brakanes Hotel in fjord view room
• Kviknes Hotel in fjord view room
• Union Hotel Geiranger in mountain facing
- Pre and Post Night Accommodation
- Room upgrades to Superior and Deluxe