Surrounded by the Mediterranean, Italy has been at the center of Western culture for millenia. The Roman empire wasone of the longest, and the city is full of ancient ruins and wondrous architecture. Florence has masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and Brunelleschi’s Duomo; Venice is the city of canals and Milan is Italy’s fashion capital.
These thoughtfully planned and warm hearted escorted tours offer a local insight into the wonders of Italy. A guided tour is the best way to start an Italian vacation to an understanding of the culture, history and geography of this beautiful and romantic country.
- Northern Delights with Sorrento & Amalfi Coast from Venice – 7 nights/ 8 days – Tour IT101 – 20% off
- Italy North and South Tour – 9 nights/ 10 days Over 22 Locations – Tour IT 102 – 20% off
- Northern Highlights with Sorrento from Venice to Rome – 5 nights/ 6 days – Tour IT103 – 20% off
- Wines of Tuscany from Rome with Cinque Terre & Sorrento – Tour IT106- 15% off
- South Italy Short Vacation – 4 nights/ 5 days Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Anacapri – Tour IT108 – 10% off
- Rome, Tuscan Vineyards and Cinque Terre – 6 nights / 7 days – Tour IT111 – 15% off
- Classic Northern Italy from Rome – 6 nights/ 7 days Tour IT114 – 20% off
- Rome & Northern Italy Circle Tour – 9 nights/ 10 days – Tour IT115 – 20% off
- North Italy with Scenic Lakes– 5 days/ 6 nights – Tour IT131 – 20% off
- Venice to Rome – 2 nights/ 3 days – With Milan, Northern Lakes, Cinque Terre & Tuscany – IT 124 – 20% off
- Rome and Southern Italy – 7 nights/ 8 days – Tour IT118
Starting on any day you choose, take a flexible independent tour around one of the world’s most popular destinations. Rail packages connecting major art cities, driving tours to visit romantic countryside and short city stays in Italy’s most fascinating cities are listed on this page. We also offer cooking courses and classical music vacations.
- Rome & Cinque Terre by Rail – 5 nights/ 6 days – Tour IT104
- The Cities of Art – 8 days – Rome, Florence and Venice – Independent Tour 112
Sicily is the largest Mediterranean island. Explore the Valley of the Temples, the ruins of Doric-style Greek temples, and in the Byzantine mosaics at the Cappella Palatina. On the east coast is Mount Etna, one of the most active volcanoes in Europe.