Surrounded by the Mediterranean, Italy has been at the center of Western culture for millenia. The Roman empire was one of the longest, and the city is full of ancient ruins and wondrous architecture. Florence has masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and Brunelleschi’s Duomo; Venice is the city of canals and Milan is Italy’s fashion capital. View all tours at Italy Travel Tours.
- Italy North and South Tour – 9 nights/ 10 days Over 22 Locations – Tour IT 102
- Wines of Tuscany from Rome with Cinque Terre & Sorrento – Tour IT106
- Rome & Northern Italy Circle Tour – 9 nights/ 10 days – Tour IT115
- Rome and Southern Italy – 7 nights/ 8 days – Tour IT118
Starting on any day you choose, take a flexible independent tour around one of the worlds most popular destinations. Rail packages connecting major art cities, driving tours to visit romantic countryside and short city stays in Italy’s most fascinating cities are listed on this page. We also offer cooking courses and music vacations.
- Rome & Cinque Terre by Rail – 5 nights/ 6 days – Tour IT104
- The Cities of Art – 8 days – Rome, Florence and Venice – Independent Tour 112
Sicily is the largest Mediterranean island. Explore the Valley of the Temples, the ruins of Doric-style Greek temples, and in the Byzantine mosaics at the Cappella Palatina. On the east coast is Mount Etna, one of the most active volcanoes in Europe.