Normandy, Saint Marlo, Mont Saint-Michel and the Loire Valley Castles
4 days /3 nights
March 21st – October 31st, 2019
Weekly Paris departures on Thursdays & Saturdays (except 6 June)
Discover Normandy and the Loire Valley, two of France‘s most visited destinations: Normandy with it historic landing beaches, cathedrals and Medieval abbeys, the most famous of which is Mont Saint-Michel. With its majestic cathedral built on a unique location isolated from the mainland by a dangerous swamp it is one of the highlights of any visit to the northern part of France. Continuing via Brittany we reach the Loire Valley, often called the “Valley of the Kings” with the highest concentration of castles anywhere in the world. Sumptuous buildings of turbulent history with extensive formal gardens and timeless nearby villages of stone houses are reflected in the mellow waters of the Loire and its tributaries. Visit the place where Leonardo da Vinci spent his final years as guest of the French king, Francis I. Enjoy your chateaux hopping glancing into long gone lifestyles of past royalties
Day 1 Thursday
Departure from Paris: 2 rue des Pyramides/ Palais Royal at 7: 15 am. or 6.30 am pre arranged pick up at your hotel. We take the Normandy motorway and make our first stop at Rouen for a walking tour in the old town before continuing to Honfleur. On the way between Rouen and Honfleur, view of the newly built Normandy bridge. In Honfleur : free time for lunch. We continue to the beaches of Normandy and the American Landing Beaches of Omaha. Then visit to the American Cemetery of Saint-Laurent. Arromanches (Stop). Dinner and overnight stay at Novotel Caen.
Day 2 Friday
We leave Caen at 7.30 AM in the direction of Brittany. Guided visit of St Malo (ramparts, the cathedral etc). After lunch (free time) we depart for Mont-Saint-Michel (frontier between Brittany and Normandy regions) for a guided visit of the Abbey followed by free time. Departure around 4.30 PM. Overnight stay at the Angers Center Hotel.
Day 3 Saturday
We leave Angers at 8 AM (short stop at Chateau d’Angers for taking photos) and pass by Cunault and Saumur. Guided visit to the castle of Langeais before lunch with free time at Amboise. In the afternoon, we visit the Clos-Luce, last dwelling of Leonardo da Vinci. Then visit of the Gardens of Villandry castle and the historic districts of Tours, the medieval city and the local center of the Valley. Overnight stay at the Hotel Mercure Tours Nord (or similar) in Tours.
Day 4 Sunday
During our last day in the Loire Valley, our itinerary includes guided visits of Chenonceau, the “ladies’ castle” with its charming bridge above the Cher river; stately Cheverny and the magnificent Chambord castle with its many towers, chimneys and turrets. This former hunting lodge with its 440 bedrooms once adorned with 700 salamanders and spectacular Renaissance twisted staircase is also called the Versailles of the Loire. We’ll have a farewell lunch at the Hotel Saint-Hubert at Cheverny. Departure from Chambord around 4.30 PM. Return to Paris around 7.00 PM.
- Transport in luxury air conditioned motor coach
- Services of licensed multilingual guide
- Entrance tickets for the various monuments visited
- Accommodation (3 nights) in 3*** hotels (double room accommodation with private bathroom)
- Dinner on evenings 1 & 3, buffet breakfast on mornings 2, 3 & 4 and farewell lunch on day 4
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure
Four Star Hotels:
- Novotel de Caen – modern spacious bedrooms, hotel bar, restaurant, garden area and outdoor swimming pool.
- Angers center Hotel – comfortable bedrooms with TV minibar, hair dryer. Hotel bar, fitness club and restaurant.
- Hotel Mercure Tour Nord – located North of Tours with spacious bedrooms and nice fittings.
2019 Price Per Person in Euro:
- Tour with hotel pick up and drop off – Euro 839
- Tour with no transfers – Euro 799
- Child rate with hotel pick up and drop off – Euro 759
- Child rate without hotel pick up and drop off – Euro 719
- Single supplement: euro 121
Book This Tour with Blue Danube Holidays.