The Prague, Vienna & Budapest Tour is a 8 day guided vacation to the capitals of the Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary. You will stay two to three nights in each city in centrally located hotels and enjoy sightseeing tours to all the highlights of these beautiful and historical cities.
2021 Departures: May 02, Jun 13, Aug 15, Sep 26, Oct 17, Dec 12.
Visit: Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- Prague: Wenceslas Square, Royal Castle of Hradcany, Cathedral of St. Vitus, Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica , Golden Lane, plus an opera performance.
- Vienna: Hofburg Palace, Belvedere Palace, Prater Amusement Park, the UN Buildings, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, plus a concert of Strauss’s & Mozart’s music.
- Budapest: The Parliament, Royal Palace and the Castle Hill area, Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church, Heroes’ Square, and Gellert Hill with its Citadel plus a dinner with tradional Csarda folk dance.
Day 1, Sun: Prague
You will be met and transferred to your hotel. Free time to relax and explore before meeting your fellow travelers and Tour Director for a Welcome Reception of heavy hors d’oeuvres, a glass of wine, beer or soft drink. Your tour director will introduce your fellow travellers and talk about the exciting tour that lies ahead. (WR)
Day 2, Mon: Prague
Built on seven hills and both banks of the Vltava River, Prague is one of the most alluring cities in Europe. Today we cross the river to see the Royal Castle of Hradcany and make a stop to visit the Cathedral of Vitus, the Old Royal Palace, St George’s Basilica and the Golden Lane with the Daliborka Tower. The rest of your day is at leisure (B) There will be an optional afternoon tour to visit the Stranhov Monastery and its brewery.
Day 3, Tues: Prague
Your city tour starts with a visit to see the famous old town including Wenceslas Square, with it’s incredible Astonomical clock, the Jewish Quarter, St Nicholas Church and thre Charles Bridge and more. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy on your own. Tonight we have a special cultural experience you will be attending an opera performance (B) There will be an optional afternoon Prague river cruise.
Day 4, Wed: Vienna
Today we will travel by coach to the stunning “City of Waltz” Vienna. Upon arrival you will have the rest of the day to spend time discovering the delights of this beautiful city. In the evening we will meet as a group and attend an evening concert of Strauss’s & Mozart’s music. (B)
Day 5, Thurs: Vienna
You will start the day with a visit to the Hofburg Palace, and then we continue on to view Belvedere Palace. Next is the Prater Amusement Park, the UN Buildings, St. Stephen’s Cathedral and more. The afternoon is at your leisure. (B) Today there is an optional tour offered to visit Schonbrunn Castle.
Day 6, Fri: Budapest
Today we head for Budapest. The afternoon is free to explore the “Paris of the East” on your own. You can shop along the Vaci Utca, nibble a delicious slice of apple strudel or sip an excellent Hungarian wine. Tonight we will enjoy some Hungarian food and entertainment in a traditional Csarda restaureant. (B, D)
Day 7, Sat: Budapest
In 1873, the twin cities of Buda and Pest joined with ancient Obuda to form a new, unified city, Budapest. Charming and beautiful, the city was declared a World Heritage site in 1987. Your morning sightseeing tour includes views of all the main attractions: The Parliament, Royal Palace and the Castle Hill area, Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church, Heroes’ Square, and Gellert Hill with its Citadel. The rest of the day is at your leisure to explore this exciting city on your own. Tonight, enjoy our farewell dinner with your fellow travellers (B, D)
Day 8, Sun: Budapest
After breakfast you will be transferred to Budapest airport. (B)
- Centrally located hotels
- Buffet breakfast daily
- 2 dinners (coffee or tea included)
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of the tour.
- Touring by modern air-conditioned motor-coach
- Professional English Speaking Tour Director throughout
- Licensed Local Guides
- Entrance fees included where indicated in bold letters
- Luggage handling at hotels
- Complimentary whispers with sightseeing tours
- Service charges and hotel taxes
- Adult Beverages
- Personal items including optional tours as stated
- Customary tips
- Prague: Adria or similar
- Vienna: Hilton Vienna or similar
- Budapest: Radisson Blui or similar
Price Per Person in USD:
- Staying Double Room $1980
- Single Supplement $750
Book This Tour with Blue Danube Holidays.
See our Other Eastern Europe Tours