The Bulgarian Lavender Festival Tour is a 6 day guided vacation to the Lavender festival, Bulgarian history, culture, wine-tasting and a Spa.
6 days to Visit: Sofia, Rila monastery, Plovdiv, Hissar, Karlovo, Koprivshtitsa, Starosel and Sofia
Departure: June 23- 28, 2021
Highlights of the Bulgarian Lavender Festival:
- Bulgaria ranks 1st in the world for Lavender growing and lavender-oil production
- Experience the newest Festival of Lavender with bazaar, music, dances, cuisine
- Wine tasting giving the opportunity
- Bulgarian history, culture, wine-tasting and a Spa.
Day 1, June 24 – Sofia (D)
Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to hotel and time for check in and relaxation. Welcome dinner. Overnight.
Day 2, June 25 – Sofia – Rila Monastery – Sofia (B)
After breakfast it’s time for some sightseeing. First we are going to Rila monastery – part of UNESCO heritage list. There we can see the main church, the museum, Hrelio’s tower. After lunch we head back to Sofia for a city tour that includes: the Alexander Nevsky cathedral, Basilica of St. Sofia, the Former Royal Palace, the Ivan Vazov National Theatre and finally the St. George Rotunda. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 3, June 26 – Sofia – Plovdiv (B)
After breakfast it’s time to head east to Plovdiv – the city of seven hills, fortified by the father of Alexander the Great, King Philip II. After settling in in the hotel we are going to have a city tour of this beautiful city where we will see many of the ancient remains – Antique theatre, Roman Stadium, walking through the cobbled road of the Old Plovdiv and enjoying the view from some of the hills. The afternoon is dedicated to relaxation and time of leisure. Overnight in Plovdiv.
Day 4, June 27 – Plovdiv – Karlovo – Koprivshtitsa (B)
After an early breakfast we are going for celebration – Lavender Festival in Karlovo: introduction to the technology for growing the plant and producing the lavender oil. Be a witness of the festival program with tastings, folklore programs and a traditional Bulgarian horo dance in the town square and lastly a visit to the lavender fields. Feel the local atmosphere of the feast – music, dances, cuisine. After all of the celebrations we head to Koprivshtitsa with its small picturesque museum and an overnight stay.
Day 5, June 28 – Koprivshtitsa – Starosel – Sofia (B, D)
Today we are going to have a walking tour in Koprivshtitsa – this town-museum, nestled in the mountains in the central part of Bulgaria has typical Bulgarian spirit of XIX c. After that we are heading to Starosel where we will have a tour around the cellar and wine tasting. Arrival in Sofia late in the afternoon. Farewell dinner. Overnight in Sofia.
Day 6, June 29 – Sofia (B)
After breakfast it’s time to say Goodbye. Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Hotels – The Bulgarian Lavender Festival:
- Sofia – St. George hotel 3*
- Plovdiv – Hotel Ego 3*
- Koprivshtitsa – Hotel Panorama 3*
- Similar quality hotels will be used these are full
Prices -The Bulgarian Lavender Festival
- Price per person in Euro
- USd price will vary with the exchange rate
Included – The Bulgarian Lavender Festival:
- Accommodation for 5 nights with breakfast in 3* hotels
- 5 breakfasts
- 2 dinners with soft drinks included
- Tickets for Lavender Festival in Karlovo with program
- A/C vehicle with driver during the whole trip
- Parking fees, road and border taxes.
- All entrance fees for the tourist attractions included in the program
- Professional English speaking guide throughout (the guide is also driver for under 6 participants)
- Private transfer from Sofia airport to Hotel on 19 June
- Private transfer from Hotel in Sofia to airport on 24 June
Excluded – The Bulgarian Lavender Festival:
- Meals not mentioned
- Personal Expenses
- Flights to Bulgaria
BOOK NOW with Blue Danube Holidays
Other Bulgaria Tours:
- Rose Festival in Bulgaria EU204 – 6 days during the famous Rose festival when the petals for rose oil are picked
- The Bulgarian Lavender Festival EU209 – 6 Days of the popular attractions including the Lavender Festival
- Highlights of Bulgaria EU211 – 6 Days to see the Highlights of Bulgaria from Sofia
- Rose Fields and Monasteries EU203 – 7 days of the most popular Bulgarian attractions and the Rose Festival
- Bulgarian Food and Nature Tour EU201 – 8 days visiting the most prosperous bio-farms and eco-hotels in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Wine and Rakia EU202 – 8 days to taste the history, culture and wines of Bulgaria
- Circle Tour EU1001 – 8 days Sofia to Tarnovo Visit, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Rila Monastery, Plovdiv and the Valley of the Roses
- The Treasures of Bulgaria EU205 – 8 days from Sofia to veliko Tarnovo, Troyan, Valley of the Roses, Plovdiv, Backoro, Rila
- Bulgaria Tourism off the Beaten Path EU208 – 8 day Private Tour of Sofia, Rila, Bansko, Rhodopes, Kostandovo, Plovdiv, Roses, Taja,
- Bulgaria and Romania EU206 – 9 days – Sofia, Rila Monastery, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Sibiu, Sighisoara, Bran, Brasov, Bucharest
- Best of Bulgaria EU207 – 10 days small group (max. 10 people), guided tour that presents the best of nature and heritage of Bulgaria
- The Grand Tour EU1002 – 10 days from Sofia focusing on culture and nature