Baltic Capitals Tour
Vilnius Riga Tallinn
8 Nights 9 Day Tour with guaranteed departures from Vilnius. Tour is also available from Riga Latvia or Tallin Estonia
Departure dates in 2018
From Vilnius: 22 June, 6 and 20 July, 3, 17, and 31 Aug 2018
From Tallinn: 26 June, 10 and 24 July, 7 and 21 Aug 2018
From Riga: 24 June, 8 and 22 July, 5 and 19 Aug, 2 Sep 2018
Day 1 Friday: VILNIUS (Lithuania)
Arrival in Vilnius. Optional individual transfer to the hotel (not included). Check-in at the hotel. 7:00 p.m. welcome meeting at the hotel with your tour guide. Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 2 Saturday: VILNIUS-TRAKAI-VILNIUS ( 50 km)
Morning city tour of Vilnius, capital of Lithuania for more than 600 years. The tour includes: St.Peter and Paul’s Church, Gediminas Castle, Cathedral Square with St. Stanislaw Cathedral and Bell tower, St.Ann and Bernardines’ Church, Amber gallery-museum, Užupis -one of the oldest districts of Vilnius, mentioned in the historical sources as far back as the 16th century, novo days the artists’ “republic”, which has its own constitution, national anthem, calendar and map, the Gates of Dawn with a holy image of the Virgin Mary, Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit, Town Hall Square and Vilnius University (founded in 1579) with St. John’s Church. Afternoon trip to Trakai (25 km from Vilnius), the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Visit to the insular castle of the 14th century, erected on a small island in the lake Galve. Return to Vilnius. In the evening optional: dinner at Lithuanian restaurant “ Lokys” or similar. Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 3 Sunday: VILNIUS- PAKRUOJIS MANOR-RUNDALE-RIGA (LATVIA) 380 km
Morning departure by coach to Riga, the capital of Latvia. The first stop is Pakruojis Manor, a collection of 19th century elegant farm dwellings for Lithuanian nobility surrounded by large estates. Continue to the Hill of Crosses, the unforgettable place with thousands of crosses on two small hills. Next stop is Rundale where we visit the Rundale Palace of the 18th century, a beautiful late baroque palace in Latvia. It is a splendid example of the early work of famous Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli. Arrival in Riga, check-in at the hotel. Overnight in Riga.
Day 4 Monday: RIGA
Morning city tour of Riga driving along the central boulevards enjoying the view of the City Canal Parks, the Bastion Hill, the Powder Tower, the Latvian National Theatre, the Fine Arts Museum, the Art Nouveau Buildings of the beginning of the 20th century, the Freedom Monument, University of Latvia, Latvian National Opera House and the Daugava River. We get off the bus and walk through the old town of this charming Hanseatic City: picturesque streets of the Old Town, the Dome Cathedral, the Church of St.Peter, the old Guild Houses, the Swedish Gate, St.Jacob’s Church, the Parliament House, Old Riga Castle. Following the visit of the famous market halls of Riga.
Afternoon optional: excursion to Jurmala. In the evening optional: dinner at Latvian restaurant “ Rozengrals ” or similar. Overnight in Riga.
Day 5 Tuesday: RIGA-PARNU-TALLINN (Estonia) (300 km)
9:00 a.m. departure for Tallinn with a stop in Parnu, Estonian “Summer Capital”. This little town has been known as a summer health resort since the first spa opened here in the 1830s. A further drive to Tallinn. Arrival in Tallinn, check-in at the hotel.
Overnight in Tallin.
Day 6 Wednesday: TALLINN
Breakfast at the hotel, then city tour of Tallinn, visiting the Old Town – an example of Gothic architecture in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The tour includes Toompea Castle fortifications, the Dome Church (13th century), the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky (19th century), Town Hall Square (15th century), St. Catherine’s Passage, where artists of St. Catherine guild present their work, St.Olaf’s Church. Afterwords visit to the marzipan museum. Afternoon optional: excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace. In the evening optional: dinner at medieval restaurant “ Peppersack ” or similar. Overnight in Tallin.
Day 7 Thursday: TALLINN-TARTU-SIGULDA (380 km)
After brekfast departure to Sigulda. First we stop at Tartu, Estonia’s second largest city which we visit including Tartu university, the Tooe Hill Park with its monuments, sculptures, bridges and ruins of Gothic Church. Enjoy the panorama of the town with the Jaani Church and Town Hall Square. Continue driving to Sigulda in Latvia. Before we reach the city, we will have an other short stop at an other small old town Cecis for a short walk at the Castle Park. Arrival in Sigulda, check into the hotel. Overnight in Sigulda.
Day 8 Friday: SIGULDA-VILNIUS (350 km)
After breakfast we have a light walk at the Gauja National Park, where we visit Turaida Castle and the ruins of the 13th century Crusader Castle in Sigula. Drive to Vilnius, check into the hotel. Overnight in Vilnius.
Day 9 Saturday: VILNIUS
Breakfast. End of the tour. Optional airport transfer.
Vilnius: Novotel Vilnius Center, Riga: Radisson Blu, Tallin: Sokos Viru, Sigulda: Segevold
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 8 nights at the 4 star hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome cocktail at hotel in Vilnius
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minivan as per itinerary on days 2-6
- English and German speaking guide escort on days 2-8
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrances to: St. Peter and Paul’s Church, Bernadine Garden, Vilnius University with St. John’s Church, St. Stanislaw Cathedral, Amber gallery- museum and Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit in Vilnius, Trakai castle, Rundale Palace, the Dome Church, St.Jacob’s Church and St. Mary Magdalene’s Church in Riga, the Dome Church and Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky in Tallinn, Tartu University, Turaida Castle, Sigulda Castle.
- Individual information package (city guides and program)
Prices in 2018 per person in Euro ($ rate varies depending the exchange):
Euro 839 per person based on double accommodation
Euro 1199 in single rooms
OPTIONAL ADDITIONS :
• Arrival/ departure transfer ( one way) in Vilnius : Car ( 1-2 person)-35 EUR per vehicle Minivan (3-6 person)- 55 EUR per vehicle
• Additional night in Vilnius:HOTEL: RADISSON BLU LIETUVA: SGL 85 EUR per room per night, including breakfast, DBL 95EUR per room per night, including breakfast
• Lithuanian dinner at restaurant “Lokys” or similar in Vilnius –30 EUR p/p
• Excursion ( 4 hours) to Jurmala – 35 EUR p/p
• Latvian dinner at restaurant ” Key to Riga ” or similar in Riga – 35 EURp/p
• Excursion ( 3 hours) to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace-45 EURp/p
• Dinner at restaurant “Pepersack” or similar in Tallinn- 35 EURp/p
• Half board at hotels( 8 x dinners 3 course menu +tea/coffee)- 220 EUR p/p