The Highlights of Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Serbia takes 8 days to visit: Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Zagreb, Plitvice and Split
2020 Departures: May 3, 10, 17, 31, Jun 7, 21, 28, Jul 19, 26, Aug 2, 16, 23, 30, Sep 6, 13, 20
8 Day Highlights:
- Guided tours of Mostar, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Zagreb, Split and Dubrovnik
- Turkish House and Mosque in Mostar
- Gazi Husrev Bey Mosque in Sarajevo
- Kalemegdan Fortress in Belgrade
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- St. Lawrence Cathedral in Trogir
- Diocletian’s Palace and Cathedral in Split
- Franciscan Monastery and Rector’s Palace in Dubrovnik
Day 1, Sunday. DUBROVNIK
After independent arrival at Dubrovnik airport, transfer to your hotel where you will meet with your tour guide. Dinner and overnight in Dubrovnik.
Day 2, Monday. DUBROVNIK – MOSTAR – SARAJEVO
After breakfast we will depart for Mostar and tour the Old City which is a styled like a Turkish village. Mostar is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Tour the famous Bridge, the Turkish Bazaar, Mosque and a traditional Turkish house. After this we continue to Sarajevo for a city tour that includes Bascarsija and Gazi Husrev Bey Mosque. Dinner and overnight is in Sarajevo.
Day 3, Tuesday. SARAJEVO – BELGRADE
After breakfast, we will drive north to Belgrade where we will enjoy a traditional Balkan dinner in a local restaurant. At the end of the day, we will stay overnight in the Belgrade hotel.
Day 4, Wednesday. BELGRADE – ZAGREB
After breakfast we embark on a sightseeing tour of Belgrade. The tour includes a visit to the famed Kalemegdan Fortress, overlooking the confluence of the Sava and Danube Rivers. Next we will see Republic Square, Knez Mihailova Street and Saint Sava Temple, the largest Orthodox Church in the city. After this, we drive to Zagreb in the afternoon for dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 5, Thursday. ZAGREB – PLITVICE
First, a morning city tour of Zagreb that includes: the fortified Upper Town, the city’s historical center, St. Mark’s Church, the Cathedral, the Croatian National Theater and the University. After the city tour, we drive to Plitvice and tour the Plitvice Lakes National Park which is listed on the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Sites. There are sixteen lakes, each one is at a different level. They all join in a beautiful series of cascading waterfalls. Plitvice Lakes are a natural phenomenon of a rare and unique beauty. Dinner and overnight is in Plitvice.
Day 6, Friday. PLITVICE – TROGIR – SPLIT
Morning departure back to the beautiful Adriatic Coast where we will see the old town of Trogir founded by Greeks in the 3rd century BC. and later ruled by Romans and Venetians. We will visit the Cathedral of St. Lawrence built in the 12th century. Next we continue to Split and start with a city tour. This beautiful Dalmatian town has a rich past dating back to the ancient Greeks. Many Roman senators would retire here to enjoy the views and pleasant climate. We will see the Diocletian’s Palace (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Listed) with the Peristyle, Jupiter’s Temple and Cathedral. Dinner and overnight in the hotel in Split.
Day 7, Saturday. SPLIT – DUBROVNIK
After breakfast , departure to Dubrovnik. Sightseeing tour of Dubrovnik, included in UNESCO’s List of World Cultural Heritage. You will visit the Franciscan Monastery with Europe’s third oldest pharmacy, the Rector’s palace and the Cathedral. Dinner and overnight in Dubrovnik.
Day 8, Sunday. DUBROVNIK
After breakfast, the tour ends with transfer to Dubrovnik airport.
2020 Price Per Person in Euro:
- In Double Room €1095
- Single Supplement €300
- Arrival and departure transfers to-from Dubrovnik airport (only on tour departure and ending date)
- Accommodation in 4* hotels with breakfast and dinner daily
- local guides for sightseeing tours in Mostar, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Belgrade, Split and Dubrovnik
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned motorcoach throughout
- Services of a tour escort on the tour (tour is conducted in English and French)
- DUBROVNIK: Adria 4*
- SARAJEVO: Radon Plaza 5*
- BELGRADE: Majestic 4*
- ZAGREB: International 4*
- PLITVICE: Park 4*
- SPLIT: President 4* or similar
Here are all our Adriatic Tours to consider:
- Highlights of Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia EU408 – 8 days to visit: Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Belgrade, Zagreb, Plitvice and Split
- Treasures of Croatia EU407 – 5 days tour of Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik
- Adriatic Highlights EU405 – 8 days departing from Dubrovnik to Zagreb
- Croatia Circle Tour EU403 – 9 days to Zagreb, Plitvice, Split, Dubrovnik, Trogir, Zadar, Zagreb
- Beauties of the Balkans Tour EU409 – 8 days to Montenegro, Albania Macedonia departure from Dubrovnik
- Balkan Grand Tour EU402 – 12 days A Balkan discovery tour to Montenegro Albania. Macedonia from Zagreb Croatia
- Adriatic Island Cruise and Croatian Land Tour EU404 – 12 days Adriatic Island Cruise & Croatian Land Tour
- 14 Day Tour and Cruise to Croatia & Bosnia EU410 – 14 days 7 day guided tour combined with a 7 day cruise.